- Colton James Acoustic Concert at BBC TournamentPosted 13 days ago
- Grand Bahama Shipyard Tournament – Mellors Hit a Two-Year Winning StreakPosted 13 days ago
- Bahamas Angler Lands MONSTER Wahoo After Fierce FightPosted 13 days ago
- Bahamas Bliss—Through the Viewfinder-May 2013Posted 13 days ago
- Central Abaco Lionfish Derby 2013Posted 14 days ago
Abaco Flats Forecast – August 2011
Bonefishing in the “marls” of Abaco is great all year round, and August is no exception. This time of year, bonefish will be found in schools with both big bonefish, ranging from 6-to-10 pounds, and smaller bones, ranging in size from 1-to-4 pounds. In addition to bones, on the flats you’ll also find mutton snappers, barracudas, sharks, and the occasional permit or tarpon.
Based upon August’s warmer temperatures, fishing will be best early morning.
For tackle, we recommend an 8-weight fly rod with a 10-foot, 10-pound leader using #6 flies in light pink or medium to light tan colours. If you prefer a spin rod, try one 6-foot long with 10-pound test line. Artificial or live bait will work.
Mid-day, when it’s too hot to fish inshore, we can help break up your day with a snorkeling trip or even some bottom fishing. All it takes is a quick phone call or email.