- Team “Wild Cat” First Place in Inaugural Billfish Bonanza Hosted by The Bimini Big Game ClubPosted 2 days ago
- Colton James Acoustic Concert at BBC TournamentPosted 16 days ago
- Grand Bahama Shipyard Tournament – Mellors Hit a Two-Year Winning StreakPosted 16 days ago
- Bahamas Angler Lands MONSTER Wahoo After Fierce FightPosted 16 days ago
- Bahamas Bliss—Through the Viewfinder-May 2013Posted 16 days ago
Bahamas Surf Forecast – October 2011
October brings a mixed bag of goodies to surfers in the Bahamas chain. The weather cools down and we begin to watch for north swell from frontal systems moving off the eastern United States seaboard. But hurricane season isn’t over quite yet so keep an eye peeled to the east for late arriving storms. And yes, all that weather means wind aplenty.
It’s definitely a month – to use the cliché – plagued by onshore winds. But stay waxed, loose and limber because onshore winds always yield to at least a couple days of offshore perfection. Size-wise expect some bigger stuff to push through. We’re talking 6 foot plus days with an emphasis on the ‘plus’. Water temp-wise, well, if you feel the cold bring a spring suit, water temperatures, which have been cooler than average, could drop below 80 degrees! Brrrrr!
FORECAST BY: Tom Glucksmann, Manager
Bahamas Out Island Adventures & Surfer’s Haven Guesthouse
Phone: (242) 335-0349 or (242) 551-9635