- Southern Comfort takes First Place in 30th Annual Treasure Cay Billfish TournamentPosted 7 days ago
- Bahamas Bliss—Through the View Finder – June 2013Posted 7 days ago
- Fun family Lionfish Bash in Bimini to benefit spinal injury patientsPosted 15 days ago
- Cowpoke wins Treasure Cay Bahamas Billfish ChampionshipPosted 15 days ago
- “CONCHSERVATION” Campaign Launched to Sustain Conch FisheryPosted 16 days ago
Central Abaco Lionfish Derby: A hopeful indicator of lionfish fight?
By Friends of the Environment The third annual Central Abaco Lionfish Derby was successful and provided interesting numbers as compared to last year’s derby. With the assistance of our sponsors, participants and volunteers we were able to...
- Posted 322 days ago
National Lionfish Response Plan – Take Survey if You Have Seen Lionfish
The Commonwealth of The Bahamas faces significant challenges in the management and protection of marine resources over the 1,200 kilometer-long archipelago. Stressors on the marine environment include over-fishing, marine and terrestrial sources of pollution, climate change and...
- Posted 515 days ago
“If you can’t beat them, eat them!” Bimini Big Game Club puts lionfish nuggets on the menu
Constantly looking for ways to better the environment, last month the Bimini Big Game Club added lionfish nuggets to the restaurant’s menu. And, now one month after serving more than 400 servings of the new menu item, the...
- Posted 610 days ago
Catch ‘em, Clean ‘em, Eat ‘em
Embracing the mantra Catch ‘em, Clean ‘em, Eat ‘em, sixteen boats set out of Marsh Harbour, Abaco, as early as sunrise the last Saturday of May for Friends of the Environment’s second annual Lionfish Derby in hopes...
- Posted 709 days ago
Grand Bahama Dive Forecast – April 2011
With the turn of the calendar to April, spring has arrived in full force on Grand Bahama. The ocean is warming up and the sun is shimmering over fantastic flat calm days at sea. The reef is...
- Posted 814 days ago