- Get Out and Paddle!Posted 9 days ago
- Wear Your Life Jacket to Work Day – May 17, 2013Posted 9 days ago
- Coastal Angler launches hosted trips to The Bahamas – First trip June 13-17 to Old Bahama Bay, West End, Grand BahamaPosted 13 days ago
- 27th Annual TCBA Memorial Weekend Fishing TounamentPosted 22 days ago
- Proposal to make tarpon, bonefish catch-and-release only moving forwardPosted 24 days ago
Surfing & Watersports
The Treasure Coast, Florida and the Bahamas, offers a literal playground for those of us who have a strong affinity for Mother Ocean. Coastal Angler Magazine is a magazine devoted to fishing, boating, diving, conservation and outdoor enthusiasts. Many of us who are magically drawn to the sea, whether to enjoy the pursuits of fishing, power boating or sailing, diving and snorkeling, underwater photography, and kayaking, are all generalists. Why? Because the ocean offers so many ways to commune with Mother Ocean.
Our co-publisher Gary traveled to Florida every winter from Cape Cod to escape the cold New England temperatures and to surf along Florida’s east coast. Eventually in the mid-70′s he became permanently ship-wrecked on the Treasure Coast giving his longboard a permanent home along the shores of the Treasure Coast.
For a new generation of surfing enthusiasts (who by the way also fish, dive and enjoy boating), there is a strong attraction for the sea and the gifts it provides us all. It is time for this next generation to rediscover the surfing potential of the Bahamas.
In addition to surfing, stand up paddleboarding, kayaking and kiteboarding have entered the scene.
All Treasure Coast watersports adventure photos are welcomed. Send them to email@example.com. And, please remember, to let us know who took the photo, who appears in the photo, and where the photo was taken.
See you on the beach!