2015 event showcases hundreds of new boats and on-water fun
The greatest selection of boats and watercraft in the Southeast will be featured at the Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show, Georgia’s premier boating event, at the Georgia World Congress Center Jan. 15-18. The entire family can enjoy special attractions such as the new Robo Surfer-Surfing Simulator and Let’s Go Fishing Center, while discovering deals on hundreds of the latest boats and accessories, making the annual event a one-stop-shop for aquatic adventures, from fishing and sailing to powerboats and pontoons.
Discover the Southeast’s most expansive array of watercraft:
- From paddleboats and pontoons to extravagant yachts, fishing vessels and powerboats for skiers to take on the lake, the show will showcase more than 500 boats, the Southeast’s largest selection, with a wide variety of options for each visitor to fit their niche.
- In addition to exhibitors offering some of their largest discounts of the year, Discover Boating’s Welcome to the Water Center offers expertise on selecting the watercraft that is best for one’s interest and budget, with plans for less than $250 a month.
- Returning from winning a seventh world championship, the Miss GEICO racing team will introduce its newest offshore racing boat. Made of carbon and Kevlar, the 50-foot Victory catamaran weighs six tons and runs on 1,650 RACE Sterndrive Mercury Racing piston–powered engines that generate 3,000 horsepower, leading to speeds of more than 200 mph. See her in action.
Experience interactive fun and unique activities for the whole family:
- Get a taste of family fun on the water opening day, Jan. 15, when attendees will receive special discounts to local restaurants and have the opportunity to win Family Day prizes.
- Hang ten without the water on the new Robo Surfer—Surfing Simulator. This mechanical surf board gives riders the chance to test their skills as if they’re riding real waves, right on the show floor.
Get schooled in new boating and fishing skills:
- Catch the latest tips on how to enhance angling techniques at The Let’s Go Fishing Center. Top anglers and guides will share expertise on both salt and freshwater fishing during hourly seminars, or attendees can chat with local fishing organizations. Little ones can fish the Catch and Release Trout Pond.
- Stop by for a DIY download at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center, as certified Marine Technician “Fred” and “The Boating Guy” share 50 years of experience in quick fixes, tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways. Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade a boat or motor, then put knowledge to the test during a hands-on clinic, complete with discussions and Q&A sessions.
- Sailors of all skill sets can attend seminars hosted by Windsong Sailing Academy. Complimentary classes at both introductory and advanced levels will be offered.
Save $2 by purchasing tickets online before Jan. 15, and receive a complimentary one-year subscription to one of several popular magazines. Visit atlantaboatshow.com and follow the show on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.