Have you ever tournament fished? If you have then you know what the “King of the Beach” is the best tournament in town. If you haven’t you should.
This year COVID-19 has made it challenging for all events. We have decided to move forward with the Fall King event. Our team here at Old Salt has been working on a plan that keeps us safe, but allows all the fun and camaraderie of fishing a tournament.
The tournament will essentially be the same, the festival …. well, not so much. Here are a few changes to expect:
· No festival. The state has not opened up to have festivals, so we have removed this portion of the event.
· Team registration will be done online. We will be asking all the teams check in the week before the event. It will be held at the Old Salt Office and teams will pick up their goody buckets and be able to update/add to their entry.
· Captains Meeting will be held virtually. We will live stream the reading of the rules and accept questions online.
· Award ceremony will be held the day after the weigh in. Teams will collect their winning checks, plaques and trophies at this ceremony.
The details as we finalize them will posted online on our website, social media and emails. So stay tuned.
There are 3 main reasons to fish the King …
• LEVEL PLAYING FIELD: The Old Salts have made the competition one of the most fair to ALL levels of fisherman. They implement a 30 mile boundary to ensure any size boat can compete. They also offer extra places to single engine vessels. There are also no intimidating check outs or shotgun starts.
• OVER 60 PLACES TO WIN: The tournament has 6 divisions: Overall, Single Engine, Spanish Mackerel, Traveling Angler, Ladies and Youth. Each division has cash and/or prizes with approximately $200,000 up for grabs.
• LOW ENTRY FEES: You can enter the tournament for as little as $295 which is far less than most Kingfish tournaments. So the risk is smaller and at the same time the rewards are bigger.
The event is so much more than just fishing. Old Salt uses all the proceeds from our events to fund our Youth programs and to donate to local charities. So fish for fun, win some money and help your community.
We look forward to this fall and hope all of you are fairing this pandemic with your fishing poles in hand.
To find out more information or to register for the tournament, go to www.OldSaltFishing.org, email amy@OldSaltFishing.org or call 727-216-6601.