Recipe courtesy of
Chef Charles Smith
Abaco Beach Resort at Boat Harbour, Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas
All eyes were on the Caribbean as the final episodes of Top Chef, filmed this season in the Bahamas, came to a close.
Abaco Beach Resort Chef Charles Smith was inspired by the season’s closer that highlighted the destination’s authentic flavors and decided to put together his own take on a dish that definitely needs some air time on the Bravo network.
Of course the spiny Bahamian lobster makes this dish authentic Bahamian, but any type of lobster will result in a delicious salad.
Chunky Lobster Salad
- 10 Ibs. of lobster
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup sweet green peppers, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Boil lobster meat until cooked throughout. Allow to cool, then cut into 1/2 inch squares
2. Dice vegetables and add to lobster. Combine with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
3. Season to taste and serve cold.
Savor a true taste of the Out Islands at Angler’s, located on the water’s edge at Abaco Beach Resort at Boat Harbour, one of the best restaurants in Abaco.