- Get Out and Paddle!Posted 5 days ago
- Wear Your Life Jacket to Work Day – May 17, 2013Posted 5 days ago
- Coastal Angler launches hosted trips to The Bahamas – First trip June 13-17 to Old Bahama Bay, West End, Grand BahamaPosted 8 days ago
- 27th Annual TCBA Memorial Weekend Fishing TounamentPosted 17 days ago
- Proposal to make tarpon, bonefish catch-and-release only moving forwardPosted 19 days ago
Treasure Coast Casters Tournament Results
Senior Division Tournament – January 22, 2012
Two fish over 5 pounds and only 3 ounces separated them!
We had twenty Treasure Coast Casters fishing in the senior division during this event, and had twenty-nine fish weighed in, with most being released. A quick welcome to Andrew Evans; he just moved up from the Junior Division, and this was his 1st tournament.
The targeted species for the day were black drum, bluefish, croaker, mangrove snapper, pompano, redfish, sheepshead, Spanish mackerel and trout. The TCC’s left the docks at Jaycee Park in Ft. Pierce at 6:45 am; it was a 50/50 split, with some boats going south and some going north. Many participants headed to the Turning Basin to try and catch a pompano, and a few reported they had one on but it got off. Laine Pruitt brought back 4 fish, and Capt. Charlie reported Laine caught more than 20 fish! Colton Hester had 2 nice trout, Trace Meding caught 2 sheepshead and a trout, and DJ Markowski had a sheepshead, 2 Spanish mackerel and a bluefish. Robert Kinchen had a sheepshead, and Brennen Tessier landed a very nice redfish. Maxwell Higgins had 2 nice sheepshead and the only snapper, and Dylora Kohler caught a nice sheepshead, as did John Remsburg. Taylor Meding reported 2 trout and a very nice redfish, and last, but not least, Chad Stanley caught a nice redfish. When Taylor came to weigh her redfish we had no idea that DJ would weigh a fish just 3 ounces bigger than hers!
Treasure Coast Casters
Senior Division Middle School Division
- 1st place – DJ Markowski – 5 lb. 4 oz. Spanish mackerel – Forest Grove Middle – Ft. Pierce
- 2nd place – Brennen Tessier – 2 lb. 12 oz. redfish – Oslo Middle – Vero Beach
- 3rd place – Laine Pruitt – 2 lb. 8 oz. redfish – Lincoln Park Academy – Ft. Pierce
High School Division
- 1st place – Taylor Meding – 5 lb. 1 oz. redfish – SLW Centennial High – Port St. Lucie
- 2nd place – John Remsburg – 2 lb. 5 oz. sheepshead – Martin County High – Palm City
- 3rd place – Dylora Kohler – 2 lb. 4 oz. sheepshead – Ft. Pierce Central – Ft. Pierce
Biggest fish of the tournament went to DJ for his Spanish mackerel, and he also received an autographed copy of Fishing Made Easy by Rodney Smith, a Treasure Coast Casters decal and a rod & reel combo that was donated by Capt. Charlie Conner.
A big thank you to Mirro-Lure for sponsoring our tournament, and to White’s Tackle for the two $20.00 gift cards that the 1st place winners received. Thank you to our boat volunteers – Capt. Charlie Conner, Mr. Stanley and Wayne Wilson! We couldn’t do it without you!
If you have someone that would like to join the Treasure Coast Casters Senior Division (12 to 18 age group), or the Junior Division (5 to 11 age group), e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (772) 201-5773.
Contributed by Cammie & Capt. Joe Ward
Treasure Coast Casters